When it comes to Potato Salad, dill is my favorite kind. I’m not a fan of the sweet Potato Salad that most people make, I guess its just the sweet relish. I hadn’t fixed potato salad for a good while, until a week or so ago when I was craving it.
This to me is the Best Potato Salad ever. My mom has made potato salad for years, and I have always helped her with it. I think every holiday, summer cookout, and even a Sunday dinner she has always made potato salad. If she didn’t make it, my brother would bitch a fit. LOL!!!
Apparently this potato salad that I whipped up was too good, cause my husband has never and wont ever eat potato salad but he did this time. And he loved it!!! My youngest son said that he was surprised at how good it was. I mean come on son, I’m not that bad of a cook. Lol!! He told me today that he can’t wait until I make it again. So apparently I will be making it again this week. 🙂
Ingredients for Best Ever Potato Salad
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 1 cup of mayo
- 2/3 cup diced pickles
- 2 tbsp pickle juice
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 small onion
- salt and pepper
Directions for the Best Potato Salad
- Dice potatoes into bite size pieces, along with the onions and celery.
- Boil and peel the 4 eggs.
- Take the yolks from eggs and put in separate bowl. Mix with mustard, mayo, dill pickle juice, salt and pepper.
- Once potatoes are done, let cool for 10 minutes and add to large mixing bowl. Add onions and celery.
- Mix the egg yolk mixture with potatoes, onions and celery.
Hope you enjoy the dill side of this dish instead of the sweet side. ENJOY! This side dish would really go great with my http://trish-the-dish.com/deep-fried-dill-pickles/
Til next time,