Well I didn’t make any caggabe like I should have but I did make some homemade bread and Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells, for the 1st day of January.
It’s been awhile since I used my bread maker, so I figured today would be a good day, since it’s been gloomy and pretty much a lazy Sunday. I love the smell of fresh bread and having a bread maker is the best thing ever. I just made a traditional white bread, 1.5 lb loaf and as always it turned out delicious.
While the bread was cooking I racked my brain on what I could make with it. Haven’t been to the store so my options were small on what I had in the cabinet. I knew I had a whole container of leftover chicken in the fridge tho, so after pondering for a little while, I decided to do Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells. I’ve never done them, but they came out great as well.
- Leftover chicken – shredded
- 4oz cream cheese
- Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Chopped onions
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Mozeralla cheese
- Add shredded chicken and onions to pan on medium heat, dash of salt and pepper
- Cook shells until done
- Mix cream cheese and wing sauce to chicken. Cook on low until noodles are ready.
- Coat the bottom of casserole dish with a little wing sauce.
- Stuff chicken mixture into shells and add to casserole dish. Dash a little Parmesan over stuffed shells. Pour a little extra wing sauce over the shells.
- Add Mozeralla, either shredded or fresh.
- Bake in a 350° oven for about 20 minutes, until cheese is melted.
A very good last minute and easy dinner to throw together. I even threw some mixed frozen peppers in the microwave to have as a side dish.
Hope everyone is having a great start to the new year!!
Til next time,