Sunday has been a cold one, so what better way to stay warm then a good bowl of Chili, this time it’s Chili Verde, or as I like to call it, “Green Chili”.
- 1 can Green enchilada sauce
- 2 cans Green Chile’s
- 1 jar Salsa Verde
- 1 Green pepper
- 1 medium Onion
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 2 tbsp Lime juice
- Salt and pepper
- Ground cumin
- Pork Loin
I had to use a pork roast since the grocery store didn’t have a pork loin, still came out very good.
- Cook pork roast in the over on 375° for 2 hours (season with salt and pepper)
- Dice onions, green peppers and garlic and cook until tender with a little EVOO.
- Add green Chile’s, tomatillos, enchilada sauce, salsa Verde, cilantro, cumin, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Add about 2 cups of water
- Bring to a boil and cook for 30 minutes, then let simmer for another 30 minutes.
- ¼ cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup light Brown sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 – 1¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup mini or regular chocolate chips
- Cream butter and brown sugar in a bowl, until smooth.
- Add milk and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Add flour and sugar.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Mix well. ENJOY!
- Refrigerate any leftovers (if there are any!)
Hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend! Let’s get ready for the work week, thankfully I only have to work 3 days, then off for Thanksgiving!
Til next time,