When it comes to variation of toppings on your Cheeseburger or Hamburger, the one that sticks out the most are pickles. I absolutely love pickles on my burgers, but I’m sure not everyone agrees. Recently I was in the mood for some deep fried dill pickles. So for dinner that evening I decided to fix burgers and fried pickles, oh and let’s not forget some loaded cheese fries as well.
There are so many recipes on Pinterest nowadays of either baked or fried pickles. And yes I have tried a few of them. But I’m honestly not a big fan for the baked ones. I’m a sucker for fried food, deep fried dill pickles just sound and taste so much better to me. I’ve really slowed down on my food frying since I’m in need of a new deep fryer. So I guess it’s about time for me to do a little shopping on Amazon and find me a new one.
I don’t have a set recipe on what my main ingredients are cause I’m sure I will change them here and there. This recipe is what I actually had in the fridge to use at the time and they worked out great. I love when you can substitute ingredients in or out, so you don’t have to run to the store or holler at your son to run out for ya. 🙂 I’m sure my son is about done with all the running to the store for this and that. But if he wants to eat, he will run my errands. 🙂
Ingredients for Deep Fried Dill Pickles:
- Dill Pickles
- 1-2 cups of flour
- 1-2 cups of cornmeal
- 2 cups of milk
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Vegetable Oil
Directions for Deep Fried Dill Pickles:
- In three shallow bowls you will add one with milk, one with flour and the last one with the cornmeal and spices.
- Blot pickles with paper towels to remove moisture. Coat pickles with flour mixture, dip into the milk and then into the cornmeal mixture.
- In a skillet or deep frying pot, heat oil to 375°. Fry pickles for about 5-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain oil onto paper towels.
- Serve with Ranch Dressing or atop a Cheeseburger.
Use Promo Code 6SIRLOINS and receive 6 Free Top Sirloins with your next order. Valid on orders $99 or more. Shop now – Chicago Steak Company
Til next time,