Summertime is in full gear with all the grilling, picnics and family gatherings. When I think about summer, I think of all the fresh seafood. Crab is the first thing that comes to my mind. My main goal one of these days is to go to Maine and eat all the fresh crab I can get my hands on. But when you live in West Virginia, you don’t get all the freshness. So when I want to throw together a quick and simple Hot Crab Dip, I have to settle for imitation crab meat.
Not all imitation crab meat is awful. My boys love to eat it right out of the pack. I on the other hand like to cook mine up with all kinds of butter and garlic. Yum Yum Yum!!! Yesterday when I was home taking it easy, I started craving crab. So here I am digging around in my fridge to see if I have all the ingredients to fix my Hot Crab Dip. Thank goodness I did cause I was not wanting to go to the store for just a few items.
This is a very simple and easy recipe and boy is it delicious. I hope everyone enjoys!!
Ingredients for Hot Crab Dip
- 1/2 package Imitation Crab
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1 red, yellow, or orange pepper
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar and 1 cup Fresh grated Mozzarella Cheese
Directions for Hot Crab Dip:
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Chop up onions, pepper and crab into bite size pieces and set aside.
- Mix together mayo, sour cream, cream cheese and butter. Once mixed together add seasoned salt and paprika.
- Stir in the crab meat, peppers and onions and mix well with wet ingredients.
- Add mixture to cast iron skillet and top with mozzarella cheese. Fresh grated mozzarella is the best.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until cheese gets bubbly.
- Sprinkle with chives.
Til next time,