I love when I can pop a deer roast in the crock pot before I leave for work and come home to the aroma throughout the whole house. Not to mention that dinner will be served so much faster as well. To me the crock pot was the greatest invention, especially for mom’s with kids that think they have to eat the minute I step foot in the door. When the door open’s and before I can even put my foot down on the rug, they are running up to me and asking me what’s for dinner… “well my foot up your rear end if you don’t leave me the hell alone for 2 seconds” lol!! So for tonight’s dinner I whipped up a deer roast, that cooked for 10 long hours… No it wasn’t the deer that I hit with my car a month ago, but I’m sure if it comes around to me hitting another one with my car, you bet your ass that thing is going in the trunk to take home and put in my freezer, no more nice guy to these deer, they are going downnnnnn.
For the roast I added garlic powder, salt, pepper, mined onions and gourmet burger seasoning. Covered with water, set on Low temp and forgot about it until I walked in the door, a mere 10 hours later.
For my side dishes I had the usual mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese, but then I made some Broccoli Cauliflower Salad that I hadn’t made for a long time. I knew my boys wouldn’t eat it so that’s why I had to stick the mac and cheese in there for them.
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 medium red onion
- a medium head of cauliflower
- 2 small heads of broccoli
- 2 cups of mayo
- 1/4 cup of sugar (some may use more, I don’t like it too sweet)
- 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar (some prefer white vinegar)
- a dash of pepper
- bag of bacon pieces (some prefer real bacon, I was in a hurry due to my kids aggravating the crap out of me)
- sharp cheddar cut up in bite size pieces
- Add the celery, onion, broccoli, cauliflower, bacon and cheese in a large bowl.
- Mix together the mayo, sugar, pepper and vinegar.
- Drench over the veggies and mix thoroughly. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
All in all it was a good dinner for a Monday night.
I try to make quick and easy meals during the week so we can eat at a decent hour, I hate to eat late in the evenings, but it doesn’t happen all the time. Mostly they are quick meals cause let’s face it, these kids of mine act like they are starving and hadn’t ate for days when I come home and I hate to clean up afterwards, but I’m always cleaning while I’m cooking so I don’t have too much of a mess at the end. Heaven forbid if I would get any help with cleaning up afterwards, that may cause the boys and hubby to go into cardiac arrest or something, LOL!
Hope everyone enjoys their Tuesday!
Til next time,