On this bitter 20° day, chowder was screaming my name. I’m beginning to hate cold snowy weather more and more, and just think winter hasn’t really even started yet. Ugghh shoot me!!!
Little man wanted to help me with this recipe so I had him get all the ingredients together while I did the chopping of the veggies. He’s a good helper at times and other times he just wants to go go go and drive me nuts. Lol
- Scallops, cod/perch fish, crab/lobster
- 2 stalks of celery
- Large yellow onion
- 1 potato
- 1 tablespoons of basil, oregano
- 2 tablespoons of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 3-4 cups of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1-2 cups of milk
- In a Dutch oven saute celery and onion in the butter until tender. Add potato, cover with enough chicken broth and let cook on medium heat until potato is tender, but not too tender.
- Add basil, oregano, paprika, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- You will then add your fish, scallops, and crab meat. Let cook until fish is flaky.
- Once seafood is cooked thru you will add the heavy cream and milk.
- Simmer on low heat until heated all the way through. Do not simmer chowder.
- Cook white rice, I use 5 minute rice. I added white rice to the bottom of my bowl and poured the chowder on top. Delicious!!!
My 9 year old loved it and said I needed to make this again, my hubby not too much. He is not a crab or scallop kind of guy, so he worked his butt off by making chicken fries straight from the freezer. He even broke a sweat while doing this. Lol!! Not too often does he not like or try my cooking, but when it comes to soups or chowders he won’t give in to even trying it.. yep he’s a wimp! Lol Just kidding Justin!!!
Hope everyone has a great evening and stays warm!
Til next time,