For a quick and easy dinner, I have always loved to make Shrimp Scampi with Sun Dried Tomatoes. A working mom wants nothing more than fast dinners and easy clean ups, so if this is up your alley then keep reading to find a delicious recipe for you and your family. This meal can be put together in 30 minutes or less, so this is why this has been a favorite recipe of mine. It can be fixed when your in a hurry, when its been a long day at work, or you have a baseball game to head to that evening and you just got home from work. This is a life saver for sure!
Shrimp Scampi with Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 1-2 lbs of shrimp
- 1 far of sun dried tomatoes in oil
- 4 servings on Linguine
- 3/4 cup of chicken stock
- 1/4 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp basil
- Cook shrimp, seasoned with salt and pepper and garlic powder, in a large skillet on medium high heat in 1 tablespoon of oil from the sun dried tomatoes for 3 - 4 minutes, until pink.
- Add sun dried tomatoes with 1 tablespoon oil from jar, a little more garlic powder and red pepper flakes.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a slight boil.
- Cook pasta, drain. Add cooked pasta to the skillet with sauce and shrimp, mix to coat.
- Sprinkle with basil and Parmesan cheese.
Hope your family enjoys this easy meal as much as mine does. My family usually devours this and I may have a little left to take to work for lunch, but not always. 🙂
Til next time,