Happy St Patty’s Day Everyone!! Hope everyone is having a gre-gorgeous day, yeah I know that is no where near a word, but dangit it sounded pretty good, lol!!
For today my co-worker, Shawnna, and I decided to make green food and take it in to work to have a little party. I thought it would be hard to figure out things to make that were green but once I started shopping around at the store I came up with some pretty good ideas. Heck I could have just taken in all kinds of veggies, but that’s not much fun. I did purchase some snap peas, only because those are the best things ever! I tried to get my boss to bring in green beer, but he said that wouldn’t have been a good idea, he just doesn’t know what a good time is. LOL!!!
I only had to make a couple food items, so I started out with pasta salad. You can never go wrong with pasta salad, plus its easy to make and I’m all about easy, especially during the week when I have to get dinner fixed for the kiddos and hubby.
- Pasta noodles
- Cherry Tomatoes – red and yellow sweet
- Pepperoni- bite size
- Mozzarella string cheese
- Green onions
- Caesar salad dressing
- Salt and pepper
- Green food coloring
- Cut tomatoes in halves or quarters, which ever you prefer
- Cook noodles until tender
- Once noodles are cooked and cooled, add Green food coloring. I added about 6-7 drops and mixed very well to make sure all noodles were coated.
- Add pepperoni, cheese, green onions, basil, salt and pepper. Mix all together then add the Caesar Salad dressing.
Next thing I made was Green Deviled Eggs
- 6-12 hard boiled eggs
- Pickle juice
- Salt and pepper
- McCormicks green food coloring
- Boil eggs for 10-12 minutes
- Once cooled and peeled, add yolk to bowl with 3-4 tablespoons of mayo and 1-2 teaspoons of mustard.
- Add a couple teaspoons of pickle juice and mix together. Add a dash of salt and pepper.
- Once mixed well together add green food coloring and mix until the green color of your desire
- Add mixture to each half of the boiled eggs and sprinkle with paprika
I was pretty excited on how well these turned out, they were delish! Everyone enjoyed them at work as well. Just glad I made a whole dozen of them cause I was able to keep some at home to munch on. My youngest boy loves deviled eggs, but when he seen they were green he thought it was gross, lol! I told him there was no change in flavor, just making them green for St Patty’s Day but he still refused to eat them. That’s fine, more for me!
The only other thing I took that was green, were olives and grapes. I wanted to do my sour grapes but of course forgot to get the lime jello from the store. If I don’t have it written down on my list, 9 out of 10 times I will forget about it, my memory is getting bad the older I get.
Shawnna brought Irish bread, which she added green food coloring to to make it festive and brownies with a butter cream topping that as well was tinted with green coloring. The bread was amazing, I’m such a fan of any type of bread, so she did a great job! Ended up being a good turn out for all our green food. I’m thinking we need to do this once a month, but just add different colors for each month. 🙂
Til next time,