Yesterday I was a big ole slacker, didn’t do anything of much except wash clothes, put them away and sweep the floors. On the other hand tho I was still able to whip up a pretty delicious meal for the men in my life. I started cooking early, a little after 4, thinking that my son from college wouldn’t be leaving until around 7 (like he does every other time) but nooo he decides he’s leaving at 5. Oh well, its his loss that he isn’t gonna be able to have a home cooked meal before he leaves, but guess what, he’ll be back this coming up weekend for Winter Formal with his girlfriend. It’s never ending.
I started off with making Cucumber sandwiches for a little snack cause I knew it would take about an hour to cook the chicken.
- Half a cucumber, diced, skin off
- 1 8oz block cream cheese
- Small onion or you can use green onions (I was out so I stuck to a sweet yellow onion)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 TSP garlic
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Pumpernickel bread
- Dice cucumber, add all ingredients and mix thoroughly together.
- Spread mixture over sliced pumpernickel bread and Enjoy!
They are so good once they have sit in the fridge for awhile as well. These are easy to do snacks for all occasions.
For the main meal I made Stuffed Chicken Parmesan with sides of Butter Potatoes and baked beans and navy beans (since my youngest doesn’t like baked beans).
- 4 chicken breasts
- Jar of marinara sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic cloves
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat over to 375°
- Carefully slice chicken breasts in half, keeping them in tact, so they open like a butterfly.
- Salt and pepper the pieces
- Stuff the breasts with mozeralla cheese
- Add olive oil to pan and sear both sides of breasts for 6-7 minutes.
- In a baking dish spread out about 1/4 cup marinara sauce on bottom of pan.
- Add your chicken breasts, cover with remaining marinara sauce.
- Top it off with more shredded mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Cook for an hour or until chicken is fully cooked. I had to cook mine for that long or more cause the chicken breasts were huge.
- Top with parsley or even basil. Enjoy!
Hope to make this again soon with just some chicken strips and cover them with all kinds of cheese!!
Til next time,