It’s the second day of me having this sickness, please just make it go away. I have never ached so much in my entire life. The sweats come and then just like that they are gone and I’m freezing my rear off. Then I also have to deal with this damn sore throat. Whatever it is it needs to leave this body of mine, like NOW!!
As a mom I don’t get a break tho, I still have to get up at 6:00am and fight with the boys for a half hour to get them the hell out of the bed. Do they care that mom’s sick and feeling like death, ummm NO. I don’t know what they would do if I wasn’t here every morning to holler at them. This morning tho I wanted them to hurry up and get to the bus stop so I can curl back up in the bed and sleep this damn sickness off. I got my lavender going thru my diffuser, DayQuil in my system, so all I need now is the pillow and soft bed.
I was able to get about 3 hours of sleep, then of course the power has to kick off. It’s 70° and windy outside today so the wind blew wrong and knocked a tree over a line. The power out here in the country is always going out, such a pain in the rear at times.
While I laid in bed all day yesterday and yep that’s where I’m at today, I knew I was still gonna have to fix dinner for the hubby and kids. Something fast and easy is always running through my mind. So last night I fixed One Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta, with a Cucumber Salad and Cheddar Biscuits.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 packets of taco seasoning
- 1 jar of salsa
- 1-2 cups of taco shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Penne or shell noodles
- Brown meat in a medium size pot with salt and pepper
- Bring water to a boil for your noodles
- Drain grease
- Stir taco seasoning, jar of salsa and 1 cup of water into beef
- Stir, cover and cook for about 10 minutes, while your noodles are cooking.
- Once noodles are done, combine noodles with the ground beef mixture.
- Turn off heat and stir in cheese.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if desired and a little more cheese.
- 1 large cucumber
- Medium red onion
- 1/4 c Greek yogurt
- Lemon juice
- Slice cucumbers up thin (or to your liking) and slice red onions
- In a small bowl add yogurt, lemon juice, garlic powder, dill, salt and pepper, mix all together.
- Pour over cucumbers and mix well together.
- Let cool in fridge for 20 minutes
Now I cheated on my biscuits. These were from a bag that all you do is add milk and mix. They turned out tasting just like the cheddar biscuits from Red Lobster, very good indeed.
I’m glad I made enough of this pasta and salad cause these boys will be eating this for leftovers tonight. This mom is not doing it tonight, I’m not leaving the bedroom to do anything but pee, get something to drink and maybe a snack, other than that I’m sleeping and getting rid of this crap, I have got to get back to work tomorrow.
Til next time,