My ultimate go to easy dinner fix is usually Lasagna. When I start making Lasagna Roll Ups, I get a huge praise from my boys. They love the roll ups so much better than pan lasagna. What do I say to that, heck yeah cause to me it’s so easy to prepare.
Disclaimer: This blog uses affiliate links. This means that I will receive a small commission from items you purchase through my links. I will only promote items that I like and trust.
The past couple of times that I have made my lasagna I haven’t used hamburger in the sauce. I’m thinking this may be the reason the boys enjoy it so much. I spruce up the marinara sauce with onions and tomatoes and they really like it a lot better. For this reason I always have a jar of marinara sauce in the cabinets, so adding just a few ingredients makes it so good.
When I went to make my sauce for the lasagna this past time, of course I only had about 2/3 cup left. Thank goodness I had several tomatoes on the counter and plenty of onions. Therefore I was able to chop these up, add a little water and bam, sauce was made. And boy was it soooo good.
Sauce for Lasagna Roll ups:
- 2/3 cup of marinara sauce
- 1 large onion diced
- 4 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup water
- In a medium pot warm up the marinara sauce along with the water. Bring to a boil.
- Add Roma tomatoes, onions, salt, pepper and minced garlic. Bring to a boil.
- Simmer on low heat until noodles are done and your ready to assemble the lasagna rolls.
- 1 egg
- 4 oz Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic power
**Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well mixed together. Set aside until noodles are complete**
- 9-10 noodles
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dried or fresh chives
Directions for Lasagna Roll Ups:
- Cook 9-10 noodles until al dente. Drain water and set aside to cool. (I will also run water over them to cool them off faster).
- Lay noodle flat on counter, add 2 tablespoons of cheese filling and spread evenly over entire noodle. Roll noodle up into a perfect roll. Repeat until all noodles are used up or cheese filling is gone.
- Spread 4-5 tablespoons of the marinara sauce on the bottom of a greased 9×13 baking dish. Add lasagna rolls to baking dish. Once all rolls are in the dish, add the remaining marinara sauce over each individual roll.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheese over rolls.
- Bake in a 375° oven for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Lastly sprinkle dried or fresh chives over rolls.
As always, I like to top my lasagna off with my homemade Pesto. Just adds a little more garlic to it, since I’m such a huge fan of garlic. Definitely think I would die if I wasn’t able to use garlic on just about everything that I fix. 🙂
Hope you guys enjoy this easy and simple Lasagna Roll up recipe. 🙂 Check out this recipe for my homemade Pesto.
Til next time,