When your looking for a good side dish to go with either steaks or pork chops, look towards preparing a nice Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad. This quick and easy side dish goes great with Pork Chops. Its got a sweet and salty taste to it.
Disclaimer: This blog uses affiliate links. This means that I will receive a small commission from items you purchase through my links. I will only promote items that I like and trust.
This delicious salad is full of fresh cauliflower, broccoli, red onion, bacon (which I use prepackaged bacon pieces), and Colby cheese. You can’t go wrong with the dressing either, it’s a simple 3 ingredient sauce. Really? Yes really, the sauce is a simple sugar, white vinegar and mayo mixture. I have had to use Red Wine Vinegar before, the taste is still pretty much the same.
When I get all my ingredients, I usually only get the package of broccoli and cauliflower mixed. You can find these bags in your produce section. Carrots will come with the broccoli and cauliflower, which I use the carrots for my son’s snacks or lunches for school. So it all works out with the per-packaged veggies. If you would rather get a head of broccoli and a head of cauliflower, your more then welcome.
My husband and I are really big fans of this recipe, but my boys not so much. So when I prepare this, I usually only make enough for dinner and maybe an extra bowl for my lunch the next day.
- 1 medium red onion
- a medium head of cauliflower
- 2 small heads of broccoli
- 2 cups of mayo
- 1 cup of sugar (some may use more, I don’t like it too sweet)
- 1/4 cup of white vinegar (some prefer white vinegar)
- a dash of pepper
- bag of bacon pieces (some prefer real bacon, I was in a hurry due to my kids aggravating the crap out of me)
- sharp cheddar cut up in bite size pieces
- Add the red onion, broccoli, cauliflower, bacon and cheese in a large bowl.
- Mix together the mayo, sugar, pepper and vinegar.
- Drench over the veggies and mix thoroughly. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
Til next time,