Fall is in the air, so what goes good with the cool weather?? Yes, a good bowl of hot soup to warm your body up and take away the aches and pains. Especially if its made in a crock pot, cause its so darn easy.
This morning I decided that a good recipe to start my blogging days out, was a good ole Green Pepper Soup recipe. I will probably be the only one in my family to eat this, cause my husband and boys can be picky at times. Well except for my college student that is sick of fast food. 🙂
This is a very easy, no Hassel recipe. Takes 15 minutes to prepare and 6-8 hours to cook in the crook pot.
So let’s get started:
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 15oz can of tomato sauce
- Green pepper, red pepper, yellow and orange (I like the assortment of colors in my soup)
- 3 cups of beef broth
- 1tsp oregano
- 1tsp basil
- 3 garlic cloves (or more if you prefer)
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- Salt and pepper to your desire
1. Brown the ground beef with the chopped onion.
2. Chop up your peppers and garlic.
3. Drain the beef and add to your crock pot, along with all other ingredients, except for cooked rice, this will be added later. Make sure to add juices from the cans of tomatoes.
4. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
5. Add the cooked rice 30 minutes before soup is done. Or if you prefer to wait and put the soup over the rice in your bowl, that will work too.
Hope everyone enjoys! Stay warm through these fall and winter months with some soups that warm the body and soul.
Til next time,